Employment-Based Immigration; First Preference EB-1
You may be eligible for an employment-based, first preference visa if you have an extraordinary ability, are an outstanding professor or researcher, or are a multinational executive or manager.
Each occupational category has certain eligibility requirements that must be met.
You must demonstrate international recognition for your outstanding achievements in a particular academic field. You must have at least 3 years experience in teaching or research in that academic area. You must be entering the United States in order to pursue tenure or tenure track teaching or comparable research position at a university or other institution of higher education.
You must include documentation of at least two listed below and an offer of employment from the prospective U.S. employer:
- Evidence of receipt of major prizes or awards for outstanding achievement
- Evidence of membership in associations that require their members to demonstrate outstanding achievement
- Evidence of published material in professional publications written by others about the alien’s work in the academic field
- Evidence of participation, either on a panel or individually, as a judge of the work of others in the same or allied academic field
- Evidence of original scientific or scholarly research contributions in the field
- Evidence of authorship or scholarly books or articles (in scholarly journals with international circulation) in the field