EB-3 employment visa is an immigrant visa which allows foreign nationals who are skilled workers or professionals or other type of workers to enter into the U.S. to obtain permanent residency.
There are 3 categories under the EB-3 employment based immigrant visa:
1. EB-3(A); category for professional workers with a U.S. bachelors degree or foreign equivalent degree and with a job offer from a U.S. company.
2. EB-3(B); category for ‘skilled workers’ for positions that require at least two years of training or experience and with a job offer from a U.S. company.
3. EB-3(C); category for ‘unskilled workers’ for positions that require less than two years training or experience and with a job offer from a U.S. company.
To be eligible as a ‘skilled worker’, a visa applicant must be a foreign national capable of performing skilled labor which:
- Requires at least two years of training or experience
- Is not of a temporary or seasonal nature
- Does not have appropriately qualified workers available in the U.S.